No, I Can't Get It Out of My Head
This is what I'm thinking about right now:
- A porterhouse steak, medium rare with a perfectly seared crust on the outside
- A California burrito from Roberto's
- Two scoops of Rocky Road ice cream
- My old favorite sandwich from Rinaldi's: pastrami, melted mozzarella, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and pepperoncini on a freshly baked soft roll
- A steaming bowl of kakuni ramen from Tajima
- A Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, with barbecue pork filling
- Sesame balls
- Chashu bao
- Spam musubi
- Funnel cake
- Pretty much every cholesterol-laden food that I'm not supposed to be eating.
I had plans to write something insightful tonight, but clearly that's out the window.
The words "Spam musubi" in the article are a link. Click on it to see the wikipedia article describing it. Basically it's a Hawaiian version of makizushi, but with Spam instead of fish and eaten whole instead of cut into slices. And, what's wrong with Spam? Asians are supposed to like Spam.
Spam? Really? And what is musubi?
Leslie sent pix of Jason opening gifts. I love his little tennis shoes (or trainers or whatever they are called). He's looking so grown up.