Hello Guest

Author Topic: The General Geeky Thread, vol. 2  (Read 339592 times)

Scott R

• Scooter
Re: The General Geeky Thread, vol. 2
« Reply #11000 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:02 pm »
 iOS Hate.

That's what I'm calling it now. Apparently I can no longer text people who have ios7.
I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing.” ― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

Scott R

• Scooter
« Reply #11001 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:14 am »
iOS Hate.

That's what I'm calling it now. Apparently I can no longer text people who have ios7.

Resetting my Network Settings appears to have fixed the problem...
I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing.” ― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

Ela

• Resident
« Reply #11002 on: October 29, 2014, 01:20:39 pm »
So I want to load up my iPod with audio stories for my upcoming trip. (Long plane flight. :))

I was looking at the content breakdown on my iPod profile on iTunes and realized I had game content. The iPod is a hand-me-down from my nephew, so I realized the game content was probably something he had on the iPod that I can't use cause it's under his Apple ID. So I deleted it. (This iPod is so old, you can't even get games for it anymore. But it works fine for listening to music and stories.)

I also saw about 1.7 GB of "other content." It was impossible to tell what that was, but I suspected it also was stuff left over from when my nephew used the iPod. And I saw no way to delete it.

After dithering about it for a while, I decided to run the restore to factory settings option. I now have 48.5 MB of "other content" instead of 1.7 GB. Really I should have done it when I first acquired the iPod, but I guess I didn't think through the fact that my nephew's content would stay there even if I couldn't use or view it. (Plus, I wasn't really worried about space at that point, as I always had enough space for what I wanted for commutes to and from work, which is when I mostly use it.)

I have lots of space for music, stories and podcasts now, which makes me very happy.  8)
"Autocomplete has failed me again..." - my son
---
A gentle dust bunny daydreams
---
Annoying little frog
---
I don't repeat gossip, so listen carefully.